Monday, May 4, 2015

Me-Made month...at one swipe



May - again. I admit I'm really not into Me-Made-May. No offense meant, but I generally bypass Me-Made posts. Just a personal preference - I enjoy posts about sewing and what folks are making. I'm grateful for the Pattern Review contests - they encourage lots of interesting discussion, even in May.

However, in the spirit of things, I'm sort of joining in - and getting past it in one go. My wardrobe revealed. Aside from intimates, winter coats, sweaters, some jeans, and a couple vintage denim jackets, everything I wear is me-made. So...

Dresses

Jackets

Blouses

Pants and tunics

PJ tops...

and bottoms and gowns

I'm the first one to admit that things get out of hand - no way can I wear all the clothes I make. I sew for the challenge, satisfaction, and joy. Like many sewists, I cull my wardrobe every six months or so, and donate.

And now - back to sewing!


Ciao! Coco

9 comments:

  1. I so agree with you. To me, sewing is a very enjoyable hobby and like you I have lots of clothes but I get enjoyment and relaxation from each item I make so I am happy with that. I also love buying patterns and fabric.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me, too, Donna. Love patterns and fabric. Better than chocolate!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - so many lovely you made clothes. I must admit that I love seeing the MMM posts and seeing what people wear that they have made. You have made quite a collection.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulously colourful closet Coco. I wear my own made clothes too about 90% of the time so M-M-M is not really a challenge for me it's just normal, although I do appreciate that for some people who only sew a little or are just starting out it is a good opportunity.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't like the documentation part of MMM- I wear mostly my stuff and like you- I have no problem thinning the herd- I like the activity more than the ownership, I guess!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I enjoyed participating when I began sewing for myself seriously. I was eager to see what others did, and also to share my own "makes". Now, I make so much of my wardrobe, and have so many repeats, that it is not as exciting. I love developing a wardrobe, or capsule, and I love pattern buying, fabric buying for those types of projects. Your closet is really nice, and I recognize some of the things hanging. :-)

    ReplyDelete

I love it that you came by...and thank you for your comments! Coco