No secrets here! I've been working on my muslin for the PR lined jacket contest, and I'm officially ready to move on to my final version. I found a really cute jacket and coat pattern, Burda 7020 - and it comes with pieces for the lining, oh, so much easier...
For the muslin, which I'm only doing in the main fabric, I've used a fleece that's been in my stash since fall of 2012 - I really forgot it was there! The check pattern isn't something I would usually wear - in fact, I bought it with someone else in mind. But it looks great in this jacket.
How's this for helpful fabric? I've never seen this before, a nap arrow on the selvage!
The muslin version seems long on Emile, but the final will be about 33", just enough to cover my tunics, which are usually around 30" long.
Great details, beautiful slash pockets and collar stand...
(The pictures on the wall are usually straight...all the banging on the roof for the last 12 days has left every picture in the house looking pretty funky!)
The pattern, which I drafted in size 14, fits so well, only a couple changes were necessary.
- The shoulder is about 3/4" too long for me at the sleeve head, I will redraft the front and back for the final.
- The original sleeve is quite narrow in the midsection, which IMO spells disaster once the piece is lined...it's a somewhat narrow sleeve anyway. I redrafted the pattern to be the same width from shoulder to wrist, before I cut my muslin.
Parting roof update! It's done...
Hope everyone has a nice week...Ciao! Coco