Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Feeling Craftsy...




This popped up in my email on January 29th, and I admit that big 60% caught my eye. Normally I give sewing kit offers a pass. They're expensive and often feature garments that are either very blah or very, well, irrational.

But I jumped over and took a look. This sale has some really cute things, and the prices are very good.

And I made a purchase - the Craftsy Exclusive Daytime Duo Knit Tank and Maxi Dress Kit for $19.99. It includes a downloadable pattern, a PDF instruction document, and fabric.

The pattern is designed by Meg McElwee, known to lots of us for her Craftsy class 'Sewing With Knits: 5 Wardrobe Essentials'. I bought that class, it's great, and I love the patterns from it.


This particular sewing kit was originally available in two sizes, S/M and L/XL, in a choice of 2 colors, emerald and pepper grey. The S/M comes with 3 yards of fabric, the L/XL with 5 yds.

And it's Robert Kaufman 58" wide Laguna Stretch cotton/spandex knit!



I jumped on the L/XL so fast. With $4.99 shipping, I paid an incredible $5/yard for this beautiful fabric. It arrived in a cute package, in a zippered bag,



And instead of 5.0 yards, the cut length is labelled 5.25 yards, i.e., it allows for shrinkage.


I have absolutely no idea what I'll make with this. Maybe the tank dress, but that's a lot of green.

Ciao! Coco

5 comments:

  1. I thought about buying this kit for the fabric also!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a lot of green but I think you can carry it off. Or search your stash and see if there is a coordinating print and do a diagonal slash down the pattern. Looking forward to seeing what you make with it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It must have been exciting to get that package in the mail. Looks like lovely fabric..maybe a tunic?

    ReplyDelete
  4. BeaJay's idea is a really good, I would not have thought that way. I am playing catch up tonight and saw you posted you might make pajamas. That is a great idea! A pretty floral contrast here and there, or a white piping, perhaps? It looks like luscious fabric.

    ReplyDelete

I love it that you came by...and thank you for your comments! Coco