Thursday, February 28, 2013

It's my birthday!

Poppies Africa, Coco '11


For me the new year begins on my birthday (there is nothing personal about January 1).

I love my birthday. When I was working, I always, for over 30 years, took off my birthday. I love it.

And now I am 65!

What I am doing today, self-indulgence.

  • I bought 3 frozen ice cream cones, the ones with a waffle cone and chocolate and nuts on top. Plan to eat at least two before midnight.
  • I have 3 favorite drinks: kir, blackberry sour, and campari & soda. I bought blackberry brandy, to be mixed with Crystal Light lemonade, for a quasi-blackberry sour.
  • I ordered 8 Partylite Iced Snowberries Scent Plus Melts on EBay. I have some in my warmer now, and I love knowing I have more coming. My very favorite ever.
  • I am cruising fabric sites and will order something grand before day's end. Promise :-)

Meanwhile, the weather is cool, my garden got much needed rain yesterday, and my family has sent me love.

What a very nice birthday.

Coco

21 comments:

  1. Happy birthday - have a wonderful day - ps you don't look 65

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday! Wonder if we share the same day - mine's Feb 28th!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday!!! I hope you enjoyed indulging yourself and buying lots of pretty fabric. I'm a fellow Pisces too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday to you! I hope you find the perfect fabric to treat yourself to for your birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a lovely mellow time- just what I'd expect from a cool birthday gal like you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A wonderful happy birthday to a blogger I always enjoy reading...hope you enjoyed your ice cream!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday! It sounds like you're having a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. May you have many more happy birthdays!

    Rhodeanie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Coco, Happy Birthday! I am a February baby also, early in the month. It's a lovely month here in Florida, and today was especially lovely. I hope you treat yourself to some special fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy birthday! I look forward to seeing what fabric you bought!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Day! (and week, and month, and year....) and I'm stunned to hear that you'r 65 - may you continue to live the sort of good life that keeps you youthful and vibrant :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy birthday Coco! Sounds like you have a perfectly gorgeous day lined up :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Belated BD to you! I too, am 65. I don't particularly like my age, but whatchagonnado? Oh, my favorite adult drink is raspberry vodka with pink lemonade Crystal Lite with plenty of ice. Yumm!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a wonderful way to celebrate this special day! Happy Birthay Wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy birthday. I'm glad you are making a point to do what you like best!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I loved reading how you celebrate your birthdays! Hope this is the best year yet!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love it that you came by...and thank you for your comments! Coco