Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Butterick 5854 Blouse ... on the floor?


I cannot help myself...this is the single worst pattern I've sewn ever in my life! Sorry, Butterick.

Maybe I wasn't paying attention! I read somewhere that if you Google a pattern for images and can't find even one that someone made, it says something! And the pattern envelope has 6 drawings but only one photo of a real person. Oh, sewer, beware...




It just looks so charming, such great elements. Well. Those ruffles are actually flounces cut from full circles, then gathered some more before being attached - all of them! Sleeve, hem - what a sea of fabric, the flounces practically sit straight out from the seam. And the pleats across the top of the bodice (that are reminiscent of Vogue 1247, the famous Rachel Comey top) - actually they sit right up on top of the girls and look exactly like two mini-me's. 

I could go on, but it's too aggravating! Moving on. Good news - a contrast fabric I ordered from Pink Chalk for my Vogue 8876 dress has shipped! 

Ciao! Coco

8 comments:

  1. THANK YOU for saving my butt! I JUST bought this pattern and was going to make it up this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sure! What fun! Email me your addr - my email is in my profile!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know it's not funny, but your description is! Butterick should give you a free pattern of your choice to compensate.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh so frustrating! The line drawing looked promising. Sorry it ended up on the road to wadderville

    ReplyDelete
  5. it is so frustrating when that happens - time is so precious and can't afford to waste it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can you save the fabric? Or remove the gathers? I hate it when that happens.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry it didn't work for you, but thanks for posting. I was planning to buy this pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, an official wadder had never happened to me, either (duck and run!).

    ReplyDelete

I love it that you came by...and thank you for your comments! Coco