Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Spring/Summer Palette Challenge - My Moodboard!



So into the idea of a mini-season plan. I've been kind of doing this, taking notes, ordering something here, something there. But this is better. The Spring/Summer Palette Challenge is a perfect little thing to get my ideas pulled together...and have some pretties at the end of it.

Ta dum. My Moodboard.

I love it. It really reflects my passion for resonant tropical colors, long flowing styles, large florals, and graceful silhouettes. I adore turquoise and pinks and magentas and purples as well, but am picky picky picky on these so just hinted in the fabric swatches.

No crayon colors here. I hope you enjoy my moodboard and will try to tie my projects back as I finish them. Ciao!

3 comments:

  1. I like the bright and happy colors. I even have the dress pattern in the upper right.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Coco! I love your moodboard! It's such great planning asset plus I really like your selections. How did you do this? It looks like something I could become obsessed with :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! It is a lot of fun, I do them by style as well, e.g., pants. I use Paint.net and Photoscape, both free software downloads from the web. In Paint.net I create a large canvas with two 'layers'. On one layer I can paste .jpg's of fabric swatches, on the other layer I paste .jpg's of patterns. Having 2 layers let's me move things around. I do the altered croquis-looking pattern .jpg's in Photoscape. hmmm, this sounds like a good blog topic, doesn't it?!

      Delete

I love it that you came by...and thank you for your comments! Coco