Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Simplicity 3799 - Summer PJ Shorts



 


I am happily de-stashing short cuts into sleep shorts! Winter's over, craft fairs are done, and I have lots of fabric pieces that are in the 1+ yard category.  I like this pattern  because it is not too short  -I can go outside and pretend I'm wearing board shorts :-)

The funky fabrics are leftovers from my 2011 "Back Alley Five & Dime" handmade craft table. They are all 100% cotton calico from JoAnns. Love keepsake calico -  it is a perfect weight and hand for a lot of things I sew down here in warm, humid, always sunny, I'm hot, where is the lemonade, sunglasses please, fan me, SPF 100 Florida.


 
The T-shirts are good old JoAnns 3-for-$10 pre-washed cotton tees. My absolute favorites because the sleeves are not too big, they have no nylon thread, and the shoulder seams are flat-felled (I cannot wear plastic seam stabilizer or nylon threads against my skin...I know I'm not alone and they are in almost all RTW tees now).


Yes, I'm having fun!

3 comments:

  1. I have that pattern; guess I'd better try it for the shorts, since you mentioned that they are a "good" length.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! I've traced mine a couple times, I love the capris as well, and made a full-length pants version. Just fit me right, not too baggy (oh, baggy, bad word!) Coco

      Delete
  2. it is a perfect weight and hand for a lot of things, Fashionably elegant and comfortable Womes Cotton Sleep Shorts that is perfect for sports as well as daily casual wear

    ReplyDelete

I love it that you came by...and thank you for your comments! Coco