Thursday, February 14, 2013

Ramble - Peasant Blouse Inspiration!

I love the ease and femininity of a peasant blouse. Looks so good and fresh over jeans or leggings, or as a beach/pool cover-up - or take it long for a maxi! For inspiration, I've looked at a lot of fashions...but all of the following are from the Sundance Catalog! So pretty...


Rosalie Tunic Rayon Georgette $198
Fringe, embroidery & tucks!


Arabella Tunic - Rayon $138
Border print & elbow length gathered sleeve!


Blue Floral Delphine Tunic - Rayon $148 
Pretty gathered sleeve sleeve cuffs!


Embroidered Morning Glory Tunic - yarn-dyed cotton $128
Feminine beachy look!


Glints Of Shine Tunic - Cotton voile $98
Love these dropped gathered sleeves & bib effect!
The shine is from metallic thread used in the bib...


Just Divine Tunic - Rayon/Silk Velvet $148
Loose kimono sleeves & gathered peplum - Simply lux!


Lovissa Lace Tunic - Rayon $128
Great peplum, dropped back hem & deep gathered cuffs!


Horizons Ombre Tunic - Poly/Spandex Mesh Knit $128
Bloused dropped waist & long elasticized sleeves!


Morgan Tunic - Cotton Voile $88
Dropped gathered sleeve & another bib look!


Moonlit Melange Tunic - Silk chiffon and lace $138
Romantic layers everywhere!


Redefined White Tunic - Cotton $88
Lace bib & flared cuffs!

Patterns

I've picked up a couple patterns to use on my peasant blouse journey - not all at once, I'll be doing them all through the year! And for much much less than RTW! 

The first, Butterick 5854, has just about every sleeve element I need. I love the skirt variations! 

Butterick 5854






The second pattern, Neue Mode 23119, is a classic peasant top! and I'll be careful to measure the pattern everywhere...Neue Mode runs so big on me.

Neue Mode 23119

Hope you enjoyed this Ramble - it was fun to do!

Bye for now! Coco

5 comments:

  1. I can't wait for you to make a peasant top! The patterns you picked are ever so cute. Now you have ME wantng to make one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this style too, thanks for the reminder -- so much inspiration in these examples!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are all so pretty and flirty-you have inspired me to plan a version in petite peasant style :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it that you're back! And I can really see the petite peasant top on you - can't wait. I haven't even started mine. February has been a weird sewing month for me. I had planned to do a red or pink garment every week in February, salute to Valentines. So far I've done 2.5 wadders...and it's mid-month! Hope your winter months are treating you gently.

      Delete
  4. Oooo, I love a peasant top, but my girls have forbidden me to wear them.
    So, I'll drool over your peasanty creations.

    ReplyDelete

I love it that you came by...and thank you for your comments! Coco