There's nothing like a known quantity, to recover from a frustrating sewing project!
After squandering my lovely white lawn on the Style Arc Daisy Tunic, I was practically hugging my black lawn to my chest, protecting it from sewing hazards created by Coco. My provisional plan had been to sew a Daisy in black lawn as well, rounding out a little gap in my closet. But no, no, no.
And flipping through my patterns, I found this one. Head smack. I made it in white embroidered cotton eyelet 3 years ago, and it's on its last legs. So soft, practically falling apart from wear. I love it. Wish (there goes a penny) I had used my white lawn to make another.
For this version, I chose view D, with a modified sleeve and neckline.
|Some of the sewing pics are lightened to show the details|
As with my first version, I opted out of the mandarin collar. Instead, I applied a long (40" x 1 3/4") bias binding around the neckline, leaving 14" hanging on each side.
And I decided to do a mid-length gathered sleeve. This was really easy - I just lengthened the upper sleeve from the pattern (about 18" from the center of the sleeve cap) and gathered it into a narrow cuff. The cuff is 10" in diameter - it doesn't catch on my arm or bug me.
I've had a list of small house projects hanging around my kitchen counter for months. Progress this week - a trip to Home Depot. Just because I bought all this stuff doesn't mean I'm actually getting anything done - it's all marinating on my kitchen table.
And all of this is such a blessing. I'm so grateful.
Remembering September 11, 2001 - Coco