Monday, January 16, 2017

A Lagenlook-drafting tale...





This was bound to happen.

Over the past few weeks I've sewn three dresses with a Lagenlook vibe. And I love them. One thing they all have in common is a plethora of pattern pieces - lots of pieces and seaming to get that iconic fly-away/belled look.

Being totally without anything else I HAD to do, I started thinking about drafting a simple dress - front, back, and sleeve - that would mimic those lines. It would be as easy to sew as a tee shirt dress.









Fun project! I decided to use the skirt from the StyleArc Toni Designer Dress and the bodice from the Sewing Workshop Cityscapes Dress.


A little time on the floor, with both patterns and more tissue on top, and I had something to sew. 

Actually, this first version isn't bad - but it is very unstructured through the body and sleeve. I do like the fabric (a pre-cut rayon/cotton/lycra jersey from Fabric Mart), so I'll re-sew this as a tunic in the spring. It will be great over white leggings.

Not deterred, I went back to work. This time I kept the skirt from my first draft, and added the bodice from Sandra Betzina's knit dress, V1297. 

The Betzina dress has a more narrow bodice and a French dart for shaping. And it has a nice slim sleeve.

Success!




I'll be able to whip one up in no time - the dress at the top of this post was sewn just that way :-) Now I'm off to see what else I can do to make a mess in the loft. I'm thinking a nightgown.

Ciao! Coco

14 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I-C-Q 752822040
      TeLe GrAm @killhacks

      All types of Fresh FUllZ Available in bulk quantity
      SSN+DOB
      SSN+DOB+DL
      High Credit Scroes Fullz (USA)
      CC FULLZ WITH CVV (vbv/non vbv)
      DUMPS WITH PIN CODES TRACK 101 & 202

      HAC-KING/SPA-MMING/CAR-DING/SCR-iPTING
      All Tools & Complete Tutorials Guide
      Cpan-els/Shells
      Key-loggers/RAT-S
      SM-TP/RDP
      MAIL-ERS
      DE-EP/DAR-K WEB COMPLETE COURSE

      I-C-Q 752822040
      TeLe GrAm @killhacks
      CONTACT

      Delete
  2. I just love your final rendition, Coco! It's cute, easy, and chic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your persistence in melding several patterns has produced a real winner, Coco. Karen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that black and white number! Fitted bodice and almost a harem pant look to the skirt. I adore it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's always fun to frankenpattern. I love the black and white fabric, so tribal!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yep, black and white is my favorite also.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, you go girl. You've got the best from all those patterns to suit you perfectly. And the fabric choices are fun too. I do like that lovely blue with tiny sparks of orange. Hummingbirds would be after you when you wear it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love them all but the black and white is definitely my favourite...

    ReplyDelete
  9. They look lovely - very classy and I'll bet that they are really comfy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love that floral dress. Your blog is very useful to me. Thanks for sharing your ideas of sewing sewing patterns.

    ReplyDelete
  11. i like all the versions you came up with. thanks for sharing how to clothing patterns. Nice way to highlight the prints.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I-C-Q 752822040
    TeLe GrAm @killhacks

    All types of Fresh FUllZ Available in bulk quantity
    SSN+DOB
    SSN+DOB+DL
    High Credit Scroes Fullz (USA)
    CC FULLZ WITH CVV (vbv/non vbv)
    DUMPS WITH PIN CODES TRACK 101 & 202

    HAC-KING/SPA-MMING/CAR-DING/SCR-iPTING
    All Tools & Complete Tutorials Guide
    Cpan-els/Shells
    Key-loggers/RAT-S
    SM-TP/RDP
    MAIL-ERS
    DE-EP/DAR-K WEB COMPLETE COURSE

    I-C-Q 752822040
    TeLe GrAm @killhacks
    CONTACT

    ReplyDelete

I love it that you came by...and thank you for your comments! Coco