Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Wiksten Snoflinga Knit Hat



No, we did not have snow...but I love knit hats and love to make them. This past week I got bitten by the knitting bug. Maybe it is the cooler weather and all the decorations going up everywhere. Amazing! And wonderful.


This is the Snoflinga Hat, designed by Jenny Gordy at Wiksten. She had the hat in her shop last season, but now has the pattern for sale as a download file. Ahh. I can stop trying to count rows and figure out the pattern from the pictures on her site - sooo much easier to have her pattern!
 
 
Jenny rates this as an intermediate beginner pattern, and I agree. It uses a combination of stockinette and garter stitches, with ten simple bobbles and both' right' and 'left' decreases at the crown. It is quite a bit of fun to knit because the pattern changes fairly often - but I don't have to hold back cables or count stitches. Relaxing.
 
Color: Sage
 
I used Caron Simply Soft yarn on US size 6 and 8 needles. This is one of my favorite yarns for both hats and mittens. It's acrylic, so it is very light for a worsted weight, and it goes in both the washer and dryer.
 
Color: Peachy

Next hat in progress...Christmas is coming!
 
Bye for now - Coco

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love it that you came by...and thank you for your comments! Coco