Saturday, December 15, 2012

One Lovely Blog Award - thank you!

What a nice surprise! On Wednesday, Sarah, of Goodbye Valentino, nominated me for the One Lovely Blog Award / Very Inspiring Blogger Award. My regard for Sarah, her Southern charm, elegance, elan, and of course, her sewing ability and sense of style, is limitless. 


Sarah, thank you for such a wonderful compliment.



The rules of this award are:
  1. Thank the person who nominated you.
  2. Add The One Lovely Blog Award / The Very Inspiring Blogger Award to your post.
  3. Share 7 things about yourself.
  4. Pass the award to 10 nominees.
  5. Include this set of rules.
  6. Inform your nominees by posting a comment on their blogs.
And here we go - seven things about me!

One - I read primarily non-fiction but do have favorite fiction authors - Michael Ondaatje, Annie Proulx, Graham Greene, John Le Carre, Patrick O'Brien, and yes, Jane Austen.

Two - I am a true Pisces, born February 28, fish through and through. And I surround myself with my sign.



  Three - I am addicted to coffee. I love coffee. Coffee is the elixir of life. Coffee please!!


Four - OK, here is the bombshell - my hair is completely grey (read that as white) and has been for years. I had black hair, and black hair turns white, not grey. Like my dad's, my hair went white early, starting in my thirties. Yes, I do my own hair :-) but not with a permanent dye - and from time to time I get lazy.



Five - I have been drawing since I was little. And continue to do pen and ink drawings, and more recently, digitized art using a computer pen tablet...




Six - Not so surprising, I'm fluent in Spanish! but French was my first second language. I began studying French when I was in the fourth grade, and it was my minor in college. It is easy to keep my Spanish where I live, but to keep my French going, I've been reading more and more blogs by French sewists. What fun and what incredible styles.

Seven - For twenty-five years, I pretty much lived in a business suit! Beginning in 1978, I worked in Latin America, where the dress code was always a bit formal. Suit styles changed over the years...

1979

1994

1996

  

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I would like to nominate these lovely bloggers because they keep me coming back. I enjoy their stories and picture,s and I miss them when they go quiet for a while! I hope you will enjoy reading them as well. 

Fancy That - Nikki, a mom and homemaker in Colorado, has more energy and creativity than I could use up in a lifetime! And sews incredibly pretty garments for herself and her children as well. I so enjoy reading about her experience as a homeschooler for the first time this year, her children's accomplishments, and her own. Her love for her family and her lifestyle, and the support she feels from them, all come through so clearly. A joyful blog.

Valerie's Own Sewing Blog - From the day I found Valerie's blog, I have been a dedicated reader. From Sydney, Australia, she has such a clear vision of what she likes, her style, and what she wants around her. And has such a wonderful feel for color and prints, I want her fabric stash!

moonthirty - A Texan, Susan sews beautiful casual wear and extraordinary accessories (check out her bags and totes!) A crocheter, she has taken up knitting - her recent go with knitting socks almost has me buying sock yarn. Let's see - Susan also bakes, scraps, crafts...a fun read. 

Sheilaz-CTK - A self-styled corporate gal, crafter, and sewista, Sheila really does do it all. And she sews some prodigiously challenging projects! I really enjoy all the pics and detail effort that Sheila puts into her blog. Every post is so interesting. And every garment has something unique about it. 

Sertyan's Sewing Corner - Sertyan is a working mom in Kotakinabalu, Malaysia, who sews beautiful, fresh, and smart clothes for her workplace. So many pretty and colorful sheath dresses - it takes a special figure, and petite Sertyan just looks stunning in hers!

stitching on the edge - Like so many bloggers, Adrienne is both a sewist and a knitter. And I like every single thing she has sewn! I also enjoy the sewing tips that Adrienne includes in her posts, I'm always ready to learn something new (or be reminded of something I used to know and use!). 

Sewing in Style - Jenny just has a wonderful sense of humor that comes through all her posts - in addition to some really awesome sewing! She lives in Cleveland, Ohio, but takes us lots of places in her blog, really a good read.  

Interrupted Sutures - I just love reading Janine's posts. Always a nice ramble through a story of sewing or finding something or using something or looking at something. Relaxing, enjoyable. Oh, and she has a beautiful quiet garden full of bloom.

four square walls -  Andrea, a Kentuckian moved to Philly, sews a beautiful assortment of smart and trendy dresses, tops, skirts, and accessories. And includes lots of indie pattern designers in her wardrobe. Her Darling Ranges dress is hands down my very favorite of all that I've seen.

Mary Sews - A fellow Floridian, Mary is always surprising me with something new - a recipe, something from the garden, another worktable takeover attempt by her DH. A favorite.

And thank you, dear readers, you are such good company and friends, 

Ciao! Coco

8 comments:

  1. Thank you for the nomination, Coco! I will follow up soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankyou so much. You have made my day and I have had a rather nice day already. This means alot especially as you are an amazing seamstress. Hope you have having a wonderful festive season.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I almost drove to Charleston to scowl at Sarah when she nominated you first- I'm vengeful like that you know- but seeing you with emu made it all worth while! If I'd gotten to you first, I would have shared that I love your flowy but structured style and elegance. Thanks for sharing some new reads!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so sweet! I really appreciate the nomination and your kind words about my blog. I love this community we're apart of. Thank you thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your blog, Coco! What are some of the French blogs that you enjoy?

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much coco! It was kind of you to nominate me. I always enjoy looking at your creations.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry for the delayed response Coco, but thank you so much for the nod and the lovely words! It's great to know more about you as well. Let's see if I can push you over that sock-yarn buying cliff... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I finally blogged about the awards. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete

I love it that you came by...and thank you for your comments! Coco