Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Loving the Love Notions Sabrina Slims...

Top: New Look 6323



One or two was not enough...more Sabrina Slims!

I admit that sewing has slowed down a bit in the loft. I think it's because I'm really enjoying my 'culled' closet. It has only my very favorite clothes now - and it's so easy to choose something to wear. Who would have known? Less is more?

Well, not always. I really love these Sabrina Slims. As soon as I finished my first pair(s), I ordered a couple fabrics to add some new fun to my spring and summer wardrobe. Of course I wanted white - it's seasonless down here. And I wanted a floral print, because the inspiration pics on the web were so nice when done in a print. Oh, and apparently floral pants on trending this spring. Like I need an excuse...







I used a medium weight (10 oz) cotton spandex knit from Girl Charlee for the white pair. It has 4-way stretch and is perfect for these pants. And as long as I was doing repeats, I made another McCalls 6987 tunic to go with. I don't see much of this tunic on the web, and I imagine it's not terribly popular - the envelope pic is awful. But I really like it. Done in challis, it's weightless and just floats around.




And here's is the floral print! I love it. 


This is also a cotton spandex knit from Girl Charlee - mid-weight at 8.5 oz, with 4-way stretch.



Let's see - what else... Last weekend I put down 100 lbs. of fertilizer in the garden. Not an easy task! But it's that time of year, and I need to fertilize ahead of the heavy summer rains. The palms are putting out flower spathes (pollen everywhere), and the mahogany trees have shed their leaves and are sprouting a beautiful new green canopy. The plants are hungry!

Other than that I've been just monkeying around. A monkey muslin...


Ciao! Coco

12 comments:

  1. Great pants and what a cute monkey. Maybe he can spend time out there in those newly fed trees! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pants, they both look so good

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute pants AND cute tops. I especially like the black and white combination, tres chic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking good AND comfortable! I think I need to head on over to Girl Charlee and check out some pant fabric. Glad you have room in your closet to show us more goodies. Love the monkey.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this look on you and think the floral pants are just what I need for fall. We are edging into warm weather now and that means following the rule of "no fabric touching skin unless necessary".

    ReplyDelete
  6. both look great but the floral are my favorite. so fun

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the pants & tops - especially the floral pants!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These outfits are too cute! We would love to feature your creations in an upcoming Knit Picks on The Girl Charlee Blog. If you are interested please email your photos to gcblog@girlcharlee.com :)

    ~Caitlen of The Girl Charlee Team
    www.girlcharlee.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute versatile tops and pants. I did the major clothes cull recently as well. It really is nice to just go in and know each piece is wearable and loved. Sparks joy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fantastic use of that fabric. It really goes to show what you can do with a great pattern making and your style and creativity!

    ReplyDelete
  11. OOH1 Great looking pants and outfits. I have a floral cotton waiting to be made up into jeans !You've inspired me.

    ReplyDelete
  12. OOH1 Great looking pants and outfits. I have a floral cotton waiting to be made up into jeans !You've inspired me.

    ReplyDelete

I love it that you came by...and thank you for your comments! Coco