Saturday, July 18, 2015

Coloring Books...it's playtime!



OK - adult coloring books, the latest craze. I'm in. I love coloring books and admit to a collection of doodle art and mandala art coloring books. And I can hardly pass up a new collection of felt tip pens or colored pencils in a store. I also pick up crayon boxes just to smell them, remember how they smell? I think the best is the box of 64 colors. Some of us just never grew up when it comes to playtime.

Coloring is so relaxing, the same way knitting is. One just sits and does it and the mind wanders.

This morning I happened across a post on Facebook referencing coloring books from McCall Company's blogsite. How did I miss this for so long? I quickly found and printed four, which I think is all that they've published so far. I included links on each of the pics below.

Butterick Summer 2015

Vogue Fall 2015

Each PDF 'book' has 8 - 10 patterns, basically large-scale line art, from what McCalls' considers the most talked-about patterns in a collection.

McCalls Summer 2015 

Vogue Summer 2015
They're really nice! and they include a lot of patterns I've sewn or seen on other blogs. And some I might sew, particularly with all this inspiration. Meanwhile, I can color, and I hope they do more.



All of the above was totally unsolicited...

On the sewing front, I'm waiting for a new pattern to arrive. Something different - a sunhat. I haven't done a hat in a couple years, but I have lots of cotton scraps that would be perfect for one. And I have craft-weight interfacing in the loft. I'm thinking about combining the pattern with Vicki Welsh's free sun visor pattern.

Kwik Sew 4107
Vicki's Sun Visor

And hope to end up with something like the sunhats I wear all the time, the ones from CVS Pharmacy. They haven't had any this spring or summer. I was bummed, but now I have a plan :-)


 Ciao! Coco

4 comments:

  1. Coco, thanks for sharing this information about the coloring books. I too loved that box of 64 crayons and I do remember the smell!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look so good in a hat! I have a very large head and have yet to find one that I feel good in;) I keep coloring books inside my coffee table cubbies. It's helpful when little kids come over, and I have found that high schoolers like to color, too. It is a great stress reliever. I have not downloaded any of these coloring books yet. When you get them colored I hope you will show them again:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well how fun is THAT! And the hat idea should be perfect. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. morning Coco! I am off on a camping trip armed with pencils and coloring sheets...thank you :-) Cute hat idea-I love the KS pattern.

    ReplyDelete

I love it that you came by...and thank you for your comments! Coco