Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Stepping into spring...


First...thank you so much for the many messages of support and prayer during my mom's illness and passing in March. She was so touched and grateful, as am I.


I'm beginning to feel the stirrings of mojo for spring sewing. Much helped by our Big 4 pattern companies giving us some fresh options this season. And by BMVClub cooperating with timely sales. Added to the stash this week, hurry up, Mr. Postman!


McCalls 6554 Fashion Star Sundress. 
Not new - but how cute! Love the pockets, neckline, and swingy skirt.


McCalls 6958 Fit & Flare dress. 
So on trend this year, and perfect for Ashley's summertime casual-Friday options.



McCalls 6968 Top, Pants, and Skirts.
Yes, this is for me! Adore the pants and skirt. Tropics to the max...




Vogue 1395 Pullover Dress.
Another fresh look, so many possibilities for fabric choices! I got this for both Ashley and me. 



Vogue 8883 Basic Pants Collection.
Cute, cute, cute. I'm in love with View D, fancy cuffs.



Vogue 8982 Jacket and Vest.
Except I'm thinking blouse in tissue linen and fine cottons. 
Shortened a bit and worn over pants and maxi skirts...



Speaking of maxi skirts...the Gabriola maxi! 



Deer and Doe Plantain T-shirt
Having exhausted my funds, I am so grateful for this free pattern from Deer and Doe.
I've already made two, soon to be seen here, a wonderful pattern!


Whew. That's some mojo. And I've even ordered a bit of fabric from Fabric Mart and Fabric.com during their recent sales. Now I need coffee...

Bye for now! Coco

8 comments:

  1. Well welcome back! You have been missed. That is quite a spring line up. Love the tie front pant and skirt pattern (there is even a pair of shirts in there I think!) and the square neckline on the sundress. I might just have to do a little pattern shopping myself. And we know what that leads to, FABRIC SHOPPING! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shorts is what I meant to write instead of shirts.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some great choices Coco...enjoy the wonderful planning and fabric shopping ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to have you back! You picked some nice patterns. I especially like the Deer and Doe!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sorry about your loss, but at least you were there. I too am glad you are back - I love the little Vogue jacket, and look forward to seeing your version soonish :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad to have you back in the neighbourhood Coco but sorry to hear about your mother. That is one impressive list of patterns!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ok good! I'm excited to see these plans- especially the new vogue pattern. I'm also just glad to see you back!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like both the sundress and the "fit and flare" dress, but I MUST have pockets.

    ReplyDelete

I love it that you came by...and thank you for your comments! Coco